Coconut Eggplant Curry by @yummyyatra and @vegangotgame
All credits and thanks to @yummyyatra and @vegangotgame (follow on Instagram)
1 medium size eggplant, cut into rounds and then halved (make sure the slices are not too thin)
2 tbsp neutral oil
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp coriander powder
2 tsp cayenne (use more of leas to suit your taste – I like it spicy here)
1 can unsweetened coconut milk
1 serrano pepper (optional)
Curry leaves (optional)
1 tsp garam masala
Juice of 1/2 lime
Salt, to taste .
– Heat oil in a cast iron skillet, add the eggplant, sprinkle salt
– Add the ground turmeric, ground coriander, cayenne, 1/4 cup water and stir fry on medium heat until the eggplant slices have wilted and somewhat crisp. I stir fried (stirring occasionally), for 20 minutes.
– Add serrano pepper and curry leaves, if using.
– Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the coconut milk, then return to heat (low heat) and simmer for about 4-5 minutes.
– Sprinkle the garam masala, adjust the seasoning, if needed. -Squeeze fresh lime juice just before serving with rice or any flat bread.